Re: Fedora Directory Management Question

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 08:55:14PM -0500, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

> Assuming the mount of /dev/md? as /raid/folder entry in fstab ends
> in "1 2" the above would look like:
>
>     /raid/folder    /folder    auto    bind    1 3
>
> So it gets mounted *after* the raid device is mounted.

Are you sure about that?  The man page for fstab says that "The sixth
field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8) program to determine the
order in which filesystem checks are done at reboot time.", but makes
no mention of this field being taken into account when determining the
mount order of the filesystems.  There's no mention of this ordering
being performed in the man page for the mount command either.

I hope that this field does get interpreted as you describe, since
I've also ran into situations similar to this that could have been
readily addressed if I could have manually specified a mount order.

In either case, something needs to get bugzilla'd here: the man page
if you're correct, or the mount program if you're not.

--
John Kodis                                    Goddard Space Flight Center
kodis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                      Greenbelt, Maryland, USA