Re: Anaconda exits abnormally

Steve Blackwell wrote:
IOn 2003.11.13 12:38 antonio montagnani wrote:

Felix Miata wrote:

antonio montagnani wrote:

I am trying to make a fresh install on my Pentium 233 that was running RH9
I pass the media check but when I start anaconda i get the following
messages:

Running anaconda, the Fedora Core system installer-please wait
install exit abnormally
sending termination signals....done
disabling swap
unmounting filesystem...

you may safely reboot your system

I get a somewhat simlar message:

exec of anaconda failed: Accessing a corrupted shared libraryinstall exited abnormally
sending termination signals...done
etc...

It sounds as though the data on the CD is corrupted but
I downloaded the iso files and checked the md5sum - OK
I used "cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=0,0,0 yarrow-i386-disc1.iso" from a RH8.0 machine to create the CD and there were no errors reported.
mediacheck run on the new machine was also OK.

The machine I am trying to install on is a brand spanking new Dell Optiflex GX260 with a 2.67 Pentium 4 and 512MB RAM

Steve.

I had bad disc burns on RHL8. The discs media checked alright on the machine that burned them. They failed media check on another computer. The discs were less than perfect on both machines.

you might try ftp transferring the ISO files to a machine running a 7.x version of RHL or to a win machine to burn the CD's.

I had an acer cd burner on an 800 MHz computer (815 chipset). I couldn't burn CD's through 8.0 and two phases of the following beta. RHL9 worked to burn CDs.

Just my experience. I believe Anaconda worked erratically.

Jim

-- Your aim is high and to the right.