Re: Anaconda exits abnormally

IOn 2003.11.13 12:38 antonio montagnani wrote:
Felix Miata wrote:
antonio montagnani wrote:

I am trying to make a fresh install on my Pentium 233 that was running RH9
I pass the media check but when I start anaconda i get the following
messages:

Running anaconda, the Fedora Core system installer-please wait
install exit abnormally
sending termination signals....done
disabling swap
unmounting filesystem...

you may safely reboot your system

I get a somewhat simlar message:

exec of anaconda failed: Accessing a corrupted shared libraryinstall exited abnormally
sending termination signals...done
etc...

It sounds as though the data on the CD is corrupted but
I downloaded the iso files and checked the md5sum - OK
I used "cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=0,0,0 yarrow-i386-disc1.iso" from a RH8.0 machine to create the CD and there were no errors reported.
mediacheck run on the new machine was also OK.

The machine I am trying to install on is a brand spanking new Dell Optiflex GX260 with a 2.67 Pentium 4 and 512MB RAM

Steve.