Re: Fedora download link - tooooooo busy / good german mirror

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

Neither BitTorrent nor FTP are perfect solutions; there are times when either one is better. Do not expect there to be, and do not promote, the mentally-myopic view of "there is one way which is better" since that is almost always wrong. And someone will always be there to prove it.

Umm, if someone running an FTP were to replace FTP access with BT download, how would that become worse than just FTP? Especially when they get their bandwidth bills at the end of the month? If you add BT to the usual distribution strategy, it becomes much more efficient for all involved. I'll agree that if you place either one in a really bad situation (e.g. FTP is replaced with BT, along with a slower server/seed), the other will easily win, but if you place them in equal situations, I'm curious how BT would ever lose out.

Elliott Wilcoxon