Re: Fedora download link - tooooooo busy

At 11:28 11/11/2003, you wrote:
I downloaded the CDs (all 6) with bittorent for about 30 hours. After
this I was only uploading about 40 hours or so. If everyone did so,
you would find upload connections :)
btw: bittorent never crashed for me.

Never had a problem with bittorrent yet, and been using it since RHL9.

Let me second your comments: to those using BitTorrent, PLEASE help everyone else out and leave the thing running for some time _after_ you are done. This additional time spent uploading to others helps the community enormously, since that is what helps everyone else get the files more quickly.

I was lucky enough to be out of town when Fedora Core 1 was released, and the hotel had a 4 Mbps connection. <grin> So I got all 6 CD's with BitTorrent in about 4 hours and pushed out about 4GB before I left the hotel. Then I got home, put the CD's onto my Linux box, and left it uploading on my home line (max limit at 32 Kbps so it doesn't eat my entire connection) and it's been that way since. I figure I'll disconnect it in about two weeks or so.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx