Re: APT, YUM Upgrade problems

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 05:35:13PM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2003, Luca Da Col <luca.dacol@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >         file /etc/apt/apt.conf from install of apt-0.5.15cnc1-0.fdr.3.1
> > conflicts with file from package atrpms-15-1.rh9.at
>
> Well, the conflict exists, atrpms wants to override apt and yum config
> files, but it doesn't avoid the conflicts AFAICT.  I've just e-mailed
> Axel about it, hopefully he'll have a fix soon.

Hm, I answered your mail, before I saw this one. Anyway, the short
story is there is nothing broken only repackaged, e.g. config files of
apt/yum are not in apt/yum but in atrpms.

> I don't quite understand why every package in his repository has to
> depend on atrpms, which would force everyone that wants to use any
> of his packages to use his apt and yum config files (barring
> post-atrpms-install override, which wouldn't be manageable with RPM)

Alexandre got the long version, anyone else can use rpm -qi atrpms ;)

> Maybe I should just add `Provides: atrpms' to my own
> install-what-I-want meta-package.

Then provide also atrpms' functionality. At the end of the day you
will have the same package.
--
Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx