Re: Minimal installation

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

Remember that someone commented that "they had heard" this could be the cause. We do not know that for sure.

cd /usr/share/locale du -s .

On a workstation install, that directory is 189MB. glibc-common is 43MB, mostly translations.

"Stripping out" all other languages is, I hope to God, simply not an option.

It's a legitimate option if you do it post-install. Debian, I believe, has a script that strips out unused languages.