X hangs on FC 1 install

This appears to be  dual head radeon related problem:

Attempted a clean FC 1 install via NFS. Using a dual head card w/ two LCD panels attached. Install gets through the Anaconda probes for the video card (ATI Fire GL X1), monitor (LCD NEC 1860 ) and USB mouse and then hangs when the Graphical Installer starts X (killing the sync to the monitor). A retry with a 'linux text' install works just fine. Same thing then happens w/ a subsequently running system when starting X using the stock config file. SSH into the box shows the kernel still spinning and X, gdm-binary, greeter still running. The XFree log shows no problems (EEs). Fix: I had the 2nd NEC 1860 attached to the Fire GL during all this and the X log shows probing for it though obviously there was no dual head configuration in the XF86Config file at the install point. I unplugged the 2nd monitor from the Card and all is well; X starts w/ out any trouble.

-Mark