Re: Matthew Szulik is Stupid

At 15:55 11/5/2003, you wrote:
I couldn't agree more. This is by far the most 'polluted' mailing list I've ever been on
Moderation, unfortunately , seems to be essential for this list to be of any use at all.

Does this listserver aloow moderations?

I wouldn't worry about it... give the whole thing a week or so and it should calm down. It also helps not to feed the trolls, and a list admin (not moderator) who is willing to kick out specific abusers who truly have no place here also helps.

Moderation is usually NOT a good thing for this kind of list. I have posted many a question in the past to redhat-list, shrike-list, etc. in the wee hours of the morning and had an answer from someone on the other side of the world in minutes. Moderation makes this impossible, and IMHO is also unnecessary. Even though once in a while you wish you had it, most of the time it's more harm than good to this kind of forum.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx