Re: Fedora stability

There's too much history already for my grey cells to sort it all out but what seems to be the most pressing problem today is that up2date is configured out of the box to use the very same repositories that are intentionally bandwidth limited to anyone except repository mirrors. This results in a rather bad taste due to transfer rate and dropouts to someone who's expecting to get their box updated in a reasonable time. Unfortunately, this problem is only going to get worse as the number of updates increases.

A question for anyone "in the know": Is this a problem that will be addressed either in the near term or should this be something that should be entered bugzilla? It's more of a process problem than a bug.

Perhaps up2date should default to nowhere, and we should add a suitable 'up2date-config' script and GUI that you get pointed to which encourages the selection of a suitable mirror from some (well-known?) list of mirrors.

The script side is very nearly trivial, but I'm not up on the GUI side...