Re: Fedora stability

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 11:26, Mark Haney wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:15:16 -0700, Guy Fraser <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > I recently switched to FC1, and I have found many nice
> > improvements. The only thing I have had a problem with was
> > up2date, and the drawers on gnome-panel.  :'(
>
> So what's the deal with up2date?  Unfortunately I haven't been able
> to keep up with the issues as well as I would like since I switched
> jobs, I've been too busy getting adjusted.   Can someonegive me the
> abridged version?

There's too much history already for my grey cells to sort it all out
but what seems to be the most pressing problem today is that up2date
is configured out of the box to use the very same repositories that
are intentionally bandwidth limited to anyone except repository
mirrors.  This results in a rather bad taste due to transfer rate and
dropouts to someone who's expecting to get their box updated in a
reasonable time.  Unfortunately, this problem is only going to get
worse as the number of updates increases.

A question for anyone "in the know": Is this a problem that will be
addressed either in the near term or should this be something that
should be entered bugzilla? It's more of a process problem than a
bug.

Regards,  Mike Klinke