Re: Sudo - How do I disable that 5 minutes thing?

On Wednesday 31 Dec 2003 2:44 pm, Nicholas Evans wrote:

I suggest you just run a "man sudoers" to get the details about the sudo
config file.  The parameter you should look at is "timestamp_timeout"

Man pages may be old-hat in these internet-savvy days, but they are still very
useful and should not be discounted as a source of good, accurate
information.

viz:

timestamp_timeout
                   Number of minutes that can elapse before sudo will ask for
                   a passwd again.  The default is 5.  Set this to 0 to always
                   prompt for a password.  If set to a value less than 0 the
                   userâs timestamp will never expire.  This can be used to
                   allow users to create or delete their own timestamps via
                   sudo -v and sudo -k respectively.

Hope this helps, but please be careful, or you may open your system to all
sorts of possible attacks, either accidental or deliberate.

--
Alan D