Re: MySQL 4 or Higher

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 15:36, Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Richard Shade wrote:
> > Does anyone know when mysql 4.0+ will be added to fedora?  what I can do
> > to help get this added as part of the product?
> Get the mysql people to change the license. This has been discussed at great
> lengths. Please check the archives for details.

Other options include:
  a) getting the people whose projects don't use a GPL compatible
license to change the license into a GPL compatible one
  b) don't build the conflicting modules (like the php mysql, module for
instance).

This would make some people sad (namely those specific module
maintainers), but holding on to MySQL 3.x seems to make more people sad,
from what I've been reading here.

Hugs, Rui

+ So let's do it...?