Re: Speaking of viruses

From: "WA9ALS - John" <ham_reflectors@xxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.f-prot.com/products/corporate_users/unix/linux/workstations.html.
> > Both of which are free for personal use.
> >
> > ... if you don't know what antivirus software does, I guess I'm not
> > smart enough to explain that to you!
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Elton Woo ;-)
>
> My understanding is that these programs detect WINDOWS viruses as received
> on a linux box.  If you don't have Windows, "What, Me Worry?"
> - John, feeling slightly less newbie

Now, one might think both John and Elton need to go look at the
documentation for "Tripwire". It is not exactly an anti-virus tool
of the Norton or McAfee schools. However, it is designed to aid
you in your intrusion detection efforts of all kinds, be they system
cracking attempts or "viruses." It is probably a good idea to get
yourself familiar with it if you feel your system has any reason to
be considered "exposed", such as you use it for browsing the Internet
or as a mail server and so forth.

{^_^}