Re: Printing w/ Cups from latest rawhide

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 03:32:56PM -0500, Brian C. Huffman wrote:

> 	After upgrading to the latest fedora "rawhide" or development, my HP
> Photosmart 7350 no longer prints correctly.  When I try to print, it's
> being sent PostScript (which it doesn't understand) and just spews paper
> (after one line of postscript).
>
> As an attempt to fix the problem, I removed the printer, removed the
> cups, cups-libs, foomatic, Omni, and Omnifoomatic rpms.  I removed the
> /etc/cups directory.  I then re-installed all of the previous rpms,
> re-created the printer and tried again - with the same result.  Does
> anyone have any suggestions?

Best to file a bug in bugzilla, so we can analyse what's going on and
keep track of it all in one place.  Also: rawhide/development problems
are probably best discussed on fedora-devel-list rather than
fedora-list.

It sounds like a bug in either cups (unlikely) or
system-config-printer (likely).  Oh, you did upgrade
system-config-printer with rpm -Uvh?  Otherwise you'll have an
out of date package named system-config-printer.

Tim.
*/