Re: Radeon 9700 Overheating???

Matt Brei wrote:

Greetings,

Anyone having what seems to be a heat problem with a 9700 or any other
newer radeon that uses the fglrx driver from ATI for that matter. I

Right away I shut down and opened up the case to feel the video card and
sure enough it was running quite hot.  I didn't feel like messing with
it so I just left the machine off so it could cool down over night.  At
first when I power up it runs fine.  In the time that its taken me to
get this far into this message it has started again.  I've tried another

Doesn't this video card come with an onboard fan? Have you tried running it
with the case open just to make sure that the fan *is* indeed working? ... if it *didn't*
come with its own fan and heat sink, then you were sold bogus goods, IMVHO...
Your problem sounds more like a hardware glitch, rather than something caused
by software (...short of a virus !).

HTH,

Elton Woo ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.