Re: No sound when playing the game Neverwinter Nights

Xia Bin wrote:

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this topic, I'll seek
help on BioWare's forums, but I would like post it here cause I just
can't wait :)

Anyway, my problem do has something to do with Fedora :)

I've installed the game (NWN) and the expansion set Shadows of
Undrentide. Everything seems alright, but THERE IS NO SOUND! no sfx, no
backgroud music, not at all.

Then I installed the 1.61 patch and updated my SDL lib to 1.2.6, still
no luck.

Is there anything I missed? My kernel version is 2.4.22-2135, I'm using
a Creative Soundblaster Live! card.

Were you getting *system sounds* before installing the game? Make sure
that this (system sounds) is enabled in the Gnome or KDE preferences.
Also, have you turned up the volume with the volume control. By default,
the sound volume is *not* set at maximum.

HTH

Elton Woo ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.