Re: Fedora update from RHL9, jsut how much is NOT updated?

Dennis Calhoun wrote:
From what I'm seeing, there seems to be one great big bunch of stuff
that an upgrade from RHL9 to Fedora fails to include. While I am
trying to figure out SOMEthing to get some reasonable means of making,
breaking a dialup connection AND being able to do so easily, on
instant command click, as well as trying to get SOME way to be able to
SEE what the modem connection is doing at any given time (like modem
lights on the taskbar, that won't work for anything).....

Anyway, I am seeing image files in certain folders that lead me to
believe that much of what Fedora contains, as a new install, is NOT
installed or upgraded in a situation like mine, an upgrade. Is this
true? is the only way to get a *thorough* install of Fedora via a
completely NEW install? An upgrade seems sorely short of complete.

Dennis