Re: Upgrade to Core 2 (devel tree)

Naoki wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to 'up2date' all my way to FC2 and I'm getting the same as
this fellow :

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2003-December/msg00055.html

A CRC error. Anybody know the answer to this?

I have upgraded the packages via up2date. I have found that most of the python packages, the newer redhat-config-whatever packages and the kudzu program beak things.

There are about 10 to 20 packages that "break things" still.

I added the below line to my /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.

yum fed-devel http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/

Be careful, don't force installation, have a good ftp site to retrieve older packages. (gui and fro terminal, like mc) and keep a record of packages that you installed.

It is easy to break stuff with the devel tree. (broken and fixed several times already)

Jim