How to Upgrade Fedora 0.95(beta3) to FC1?

Hi,
    I'm trying to find out the best approach to upgrade my Fedora beta 3
machine to Fedora Core 1 without breaking too much.  The machine is running
right now and I have installed a few apps that are not part of the Fedora
packages.

    Will upgrading from the cds be ok?

    Will I have to try and match all the programs that I installed from the
previous custom install?

    Or is it possible to do something via the Apt-Get thingy?

Thanks for the help,
alan