RE: Sendmail not rewriting the domain of the sender. -Success-

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 08:40, Randal, Phil wrote:
> The average workstation user shouldn't need to install sendmail-cf - the
> defaults are just fine.  However, if you need to change sendmail's
> configuration, sendmail-cf is needed.
>
> It's arguably safer without it installed by default, which is why I guess it
> isn't.

I suppose that's a reasonable argument for omitting it.

FWIW, when I install Linux I select "custom install"/everything... then
use what I need... as I learn more and more about the details of Linux
the software is there for me to use. Also, it avoids problems like the
original poster had. :-)

Also, my view is that avoids the problem of differing opinions regarding
what gets installed... you're suggesting the Fedora packager people made
a conscience decision to exclude sendmail-cf for a standard workstation
install... whereas my opinion would be that if sendmail is being
installed, then ALL sendmail components should be installed.