Re: 2.6 + lvm news/status?

On Dec 18, 2003, "Neal D. Becker" <nbecker@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am anxious to try the new 2.6, but I have root lvm1/raid.  There
> have been some messages posted here regarding this migration, saying
> "this should work..."

It does.  Just follow the steps described in the several e-mails that
explained how to get it to boot for the first time and all will be
fine.

Namely, the first time you boot you have to get the device mapper
control device created, and you have to move aside any existing LVM
devices to let lvm vgmknodes and vgscan create them as links to device
mapper devices.

It's also a bit tricky to get mkinitrd to create initrd using lvm2 if
you haven't booted into 2.6 yet, but solutions for these issues have
already been posted more than once to Fedora lists.  Please enjoy the
search :-)