Problem with grip and id3

id3lib-3.8.3 really should be provided as a package. Without it, grip cannot do id3v2 tags, and that's bad because id3v1 is limited.

If id3lib is provided as an update rpm, an new grip rpm should alsow be provided.

I'm aware that mp3 isn't supported in fedora for legal reasons, but are there legal issues with providing id3lib? It's only a library to modify the tag of files.

Of course, I get around all of that by compiling a new xmms, and installing lame, id3lib. Only problem is I can't get grip to compile properly... but that's another matter for some other time.

PS. it sux that Fedora Core1 is mp3 incapable, otherwise I like it.