re: USB2 and Fedora

Thanks for the input all.  The environment that this unit is in will be
for video editing - so file sizes will be rather large.  I am wondering
if going with GB NIC card would be a better solution?  I only have three
computers on this VLAN and the Fedora box is within just a few feet of
the video editing machine.  Any thoughts on GB NIC cards with Fedora?
thanks,
DF