Re: two gripes about Evolution ...

On or about 2003-12-15 18:06, Elton Woo whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 14:51, William Hooper wrote:

Elton Woo said:

in Evolution):

1) The ability to define the priority of my messages. In other mailers,
I can select to send a message (if urgent) with *high*
priority, instead of the default.

Reported numberous times upstream in Ximian's Bugzilla.  Don't hold your
breath.

In that case, would you recommend another mailer, please?
The nasty bug with kmail creating empty messages has not been
fixed, and I've lost patience having to clean out my folders
each time kmail *autostarts*... :-(

I'm pretty partial to Mozilla myself :-) There are FC1 RPMs for 1.4.1, at least. The 1.5 and 1.6x tarballs installed OK on RH9, I haven't gotten around to trying them on FC1.

2) Mark text in a message, and have *only* that text show as
quoted in a reply. As it stands, I have to select "reply", *then*
edit the message.

With Mozilla, you can mark text in the original mail, Copy to clipboard, then when composing the reply, you have the choice of the usual Paste, or a "Paste as Quotation" option. No, it's not completely automatic, but it works OK.

<snip>

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org