Re: x86-64 and FC1

Gareth Bult wrote:

If you compile 2.6-test11 with SATA inline (it seems to be less happy as a module (!)) then
this works fine on FC1. (the problem you have is getting to a point where you can compile it)

Once I've finished messing around I'll see if I can produce a native boot.iso for the ASUS boards
with working SATA and a 2.6 kernel ...

2.4.23 works just fine with the latest libata patch applied. If anyone wants it I can email, off list, a 2.4.23 that works with promise sata controllers. It should be enough to get someone up and running well enough to compile a 2.4.23 /w the libata patches.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.