Re: x86-64 and FC1

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 10:05, Pete wrote:
> Has anyone tried to get this running on an Asus K8V? I downloaded the x86-64
> tree from duke (thanks to those who did this, the effort is much
> appreciated), which was easy enough, but unfortunately, I have two SATA
> drives in ATA mode (no need for raid on my desktop), which the default kernel
> doesn't see. I really think I have two options here, one is to wait for a
> kernel to be created that has the Promise driver and is included as an
> update, or to hack it a bit.

Well I wouldn't use the Promise (Promise Controllers suck). The VIA SATA
that is in the chipset is much better. Though you probably won't be able
to installed to it. Best bet is to install on a IDE drive and then
compile a 2.6 Kernel. It seems to have better support for the via
chipset though the drivers now have been backported to 2.4.23.

--
Mark Lane, CET	mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hard Data Ltd.	http://www.harddata.com