Re: Re: Re: how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

> It's gotten emotional because someone is essentially saying I'm being a
> leech if I don't run beta software or buy RHEL. If that's the
> polarization of the product line then I will look elsewhere.
I'd like to clarify a bit... Fedora Core 1 shouldn't be looked at as
"beta" software, unless you're running one of the optional channels...
As installed from the CD's, with updates using the default up2date, it's
quite stable.

Some folks (myself included) run out of the optional channels that gives
us more updates faster... these updates are essentially untested when we
get them.  We test them and report back any problems we see...  You
don't have to do that.  That is strictly optional.

You can't be considered a leech if you're doing what the software was
designed for you to do... Fedora is designed to be free of charge...

--
Brent Langston <brentley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPG ID: 1024D/09D551AC