Re: Mounting digital camera, /etc/fstab joke ?

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 08:18, Martin Andersen wrote:
> "'mount /mnt/camera' as non-root console user doesn't work? It should.
> I think you should be able to get it to work by just right-clicking on
> the background desktop and going to the Disks menu."
>
> You are right. mount /mnt/camera does work.
> Since the system detects my camera, why doesn't it mount my camera ?
>
> I'm using KDE 3.2 beta2, when right-clicking I can't see any disk menu.
>

> "Try with options user,rw,owner
>
> the user option will allow users to mount the fs (i believe), otherwise
> only root can mount it."
>
> No, the line in /etc/fstab is added by the system when I turn on
> the camera, and removed when I unmount/turn off the camera

Weird. I have a camera that ISN'T added automatically to /etc/fstab,
even though it is detected. So I just created a new mount point
(/mnt/vivitar) and created a new entry in /etc/fstab for the vivitar and
basically treated it like a floppy in terms of the settings (noauto,
etc.) and that worked for me. Maybe try that?

Preston