Re: Mounting digital camera, /etc/fstab joke ?

"'mount /mnt/camera' as non-root console user doesn't work? It should.
I think you should be able to get it to work by just right-clicking on
the background desktop and going to the Disks menu."

You are right. mount /mnt/camera does work.
Since the system detects my camera, why doesn't it mount my camera ?

I'm using KDE 3.2 beta2, when right-clicking I can't see any disk menu.

"Try with options user,rw,owner

the user option will allow users to mount the fs (i believe), otherwise
only root can mount it."

No, the line in /etc/fstab is added by the system when I turn on
the camera, and removed when I unmount/turn off the camera

Martin.