Re: Samba - how to put into domain and authenticate (once again)

Hi Nalin,

Thanks for your answers. you are the first answering at all. See my
questions back below:

Am Mit, den 10.12.2003 schrieb Nalin Dahyabhai um 21:20:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 08:37:13AM +0100, Grosswiler Roger wrote:
> > i sucessfully did my net rpc join from my linux-clients, so they are in
> > the samba-domain.
> >
> > But: how do i login into my domain if i am on the login into linux? i
> > thought must be the form DOMAIN\user nevertheless what you defined in
> > winbind. But, i always get the message "Username or Password wrong".
> >
> > 1) What am i doing false here?
> >
> > If i login as a regular user, i can go into the nautilus-network-browswer,
> > where i can see my domain and (after a login) the machines inside. But i
> > have no mountpoints there.
>
> The 'login' program (or gdm, or kdm, or xdm, or whatever) probably
> doesn't know who the user is.  Check that 'winbind' is listed in
> /etc/nsswitch.conf on the lines for 'passwd', 'group'.
if this has to be done on the side of my PDC its done...but i think its
not possible on the client-side, as this uses the smb.conf of a working
samba-server.

> You can run 'wbinfo -u' to check that winbind can read information about
> your users from your domain controller, and run 'getent passwd' to check
> if libc (and applications which use it, which is all of them, including
> the application which is trying to authenticate you) can read
> information about those users from the sources listed in
> /etc/nsswitch.conf (which should include 'winbind').
i copied my entries from the pdc-smb.conf into my clients-smb.conf and
started winbind on the client side. wbinfo -u -g -t do not have success.
Error-Message: error code was NT_STATUS_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND
(0xc0000233)
but it was no problem getting the machine into the domain