Fedora core 1 install on laptop

Wow what a pain, I found a bugzilla thread regarding the same Drive space error during the install image copy that I was getting.  I got past that error with linux mem=256M but then ran into a problem copying libgcc rpm, tried different media, etc.  Finally booted with linux allowcddma but then was unable to use the cd.  Ended up installing from ftp - 3 hours later...  Is there any fix in sight for this?  I would love to load it on several other machines but not like that!!  This same laptop installed RH9 no problem.

Steve O'Brien
City of Bend
Network Administrator
sobrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx