Re: Fedora on Asus P4P800 Dlx with SATA RAID?

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 04:08, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:

> I recently tried installing FC1 on above said motherboard with two SATA
> drives in RAID0 on the ICH5R controller on the mobo. When I get to the
> partitioning part however, my RAID array isn't recognised.

As it stands, the SATA RAID functionality of the ICH5 chipset is not yet
supported in Linux.  The regular SATA is supported in 2.4.22 and later
kernels (actually 2.4.21 got it in an 'ac' patch).  Your best bet with
Fedora is to use software RAID, or if hardware RAID is critical then
you'll need to invest in a 3Ware card.

--
Joshua Penix                                http://www.binarytribe.com
Binary Tribe           Linux Integration Services & Network Consulting