Re: Fedora on Asus P4P800 Dlx with SATA RAID?

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 22:12, Joshua Penix wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 04:08, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:

Hi Joshua,

> > I recently tried installing FC1 on above said motherboard with two SATA
> > drives in RAID0 on the ICH5R controller on the mobo. When I get to the
> > partitioning part however, my RAID array isn't recognised.
>
> As it stands, the SATA RAID functionality of the ICH5 chipset is not yet
> supported in Linux.  The regular SATA is supported in 2.4.22 and later
> kernels (actually 2.4.21 got it in an 'ac' patch).

Right, looks like my best bet is to get an extra PATA drive for linux
then.

> Your best bet with
> Fedora is to use software RAID, or if hardware RAID is critical then
> you'll need to invest in a 3Ware card.

It's not that important for me to run RAID at all, but the thing is that
my only diskset at the moment are two 160gig SATA drives in RAID0 on the
ICH5 which is the media I wanted to install to. No such luck aparently
:(

Thanks for your answer though!

Cheers,
--