Re: Problem when running Fedora.

I had the same problem and cured it by changing the position of my firewire and SCSI card.  Moved the firewire card into a PCI slot after the SCSI card or visa versa

Worked a treat.

>>> rhnb2003@xxxxxxxx 12/09/03 02:55am >>>
Hello all,

I have installed Fedora Core 1 on my computer in a second physical hard disk (the first is equiped with Windows XP Home). The install procedure has worked correctly and I can choose an operating system with Grub without any problem. If I choose Windows XP, it works, but if I choose Fedora, it begins to launch and then stop (during the procedure where it writes lots of lines of text with green "OK" -> excuse me, I am a beginner with Linux !) You can see bellow what is on my screen when it stops (sorry, there are some french and english mixed sentences...)

I have had the same problem with Mandrake 9.2. Can somebody tell me what is wrong ? Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Regards, Sylvain.

ON MY SCREEN :

Remontage du système de fichiers racine en mode lecture-écr[  OK  ]
Activation des partitions swap :                           [  OK  ]
insmod: insmod: a module named soundcore already exists
insmod: insmod: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp/kernel/drivers/sound/soundcore.o failed
insmod: insmod: insmod audio failed
Recherche des dépendances de modules : insmod: insmod: a module named soundcore already exists
insmod: insmod: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp/kernel/drivers/sound/soundcore.o failed
insmod: insmod: insmod audio failed
insmod: insmod: a module named dabusb already exists
insmod: insmod: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp/kernel/drivers/usb/dabusb.o failed
insmod: insmod: insmod dabusb failed
                                                           [  OK  ]
Vérification des systèmes de fichiers
/boot: recovering journal
/boot: clean, 42/26104 files, 11800/104388 blocks
                                                           [  OK  ]
Montage des systèmes de fichiers locaux :                  [  OK  ]
Activation des quotas des systèmes de fichiers locaux :    [  OK  ]
Activation de l'espace swap :                              [  OK  ]
Initialisation du contrôleur de bus externe (ohci1394) :   [  OK  ]