Re: Jave 1.4

Another reason for not hijacking a thread is that if you start a whole new thread, you will be able to see that thread in the list archives at a later date if you want to go back to it and refresh yourself on what was said.

So, open a new message and create a new subject line when you post for a new issue next time.

Bob

A.J. Bonnema wrote:

Sponger wrote:

I am trying to install the new java 1.4 for openoffice but when I type
"rpm -iv j2re-1_4_2_01-linux-i586.rpm" at the command line as root, it
just sits there and does nothing....any ideas?

Could you please refrain from hijacking a thread? Hijacking occurs if you reply to message, change the subject to what you want to talk about and send your question. In stead: please create a new message.

Hijacking is annoying, messes up the thread and might prevent people (not interested in the main thread) from reading your comments. Please don't hijack.

Guus.

-- Bob Cochran Greenbelt, Maryland, USA http://greenbeltcomputer.biz/