Re: Video Player

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 15:36, Tafadzwa Mudhokwani wrote:
> Hie Guys!!
>
> Any recommendations on the best tool I can use to play my video
> formats? Preferably something stable and easy to use. Thanks

MPlayer is nice, especially once you've installed all of the Windows
codeds from their website.  Not much I can't play using it.

You can use Yum to download MPlayer if you know how and have some extra
repositories set up.  If not then visit FreshRPMs and get it manually,
resolving all dependencies of course
(http://yarrow.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=356).

Anyway, you can probably figure it all out.

To install the codecs, download them all from MPlayer's website
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design6/dload.html

and put them all directly in the directory /usr/lib/win32 (create it if
it doesn't exist).  The codecs need to be uncompressed (not .tar.gz or
.tar.bz2) and placed directly in the directory (no subdirectories).  Do
that and you should have a really nice working video player.

...some people also prefer Xine.  Cheers,

Daniel

--
Daniel Hedlund
daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx