Re: Fedora on CDs, where, who?

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 03:29:26 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

[snip]

>find your local LUG, who most likely can get them for you as
>part of the promotion to have you start attending regular
>meetings. :-)
>
>really, that's what happens here.  those who can't get distros
>any other way can generally get them from someone else at the LUG
>meetings who has access to high speed net.
>
>and most LUGs will even have a distro library and perhaps even
>a CD burner so you can get a copy while you're there.
>
>and how do you find your local LUG?  start at
>www.linuxjournal.com/resources.php, and take it from there.

That is one thing that I did think of, but my local LUG , since I am
way out in the middle of nowhere, has only one member! Also, between
working a full time job and going to school, I haven't really got time
to spare to attend meetings regularly. That is a real complication for
me when considering making a trip to another town to attend a LUG
meeting of a larger group.

Others that have replied to my first post have offered solutions that
I am very grateful for and might use. I don't know why I didn't think
of it sooner, but I might see if I can contact, by email, a LUG
*somewhere* in my state, to see if someone will be so kind as to send
me the CDs I want.

Sincere thanks,

--
Dennis C.