Re: problem connecting windows client over fedora firewall

> That would mean quite a lot of pages including
> google/freshmeat/sourceforge.....
> I really mean that no page ever comes through completely.
> Connections start , but stop almost immediately.

This could still very well be a windows problem with your specific
network.  You could be getting collisions on your network and your
windows box may just not be sending out another request to the server,
or not be getting the request back at all.  Linux, on the other hand,
may notice that the packet didn't arrive (properly) and may issue
another request.

Is your Linux DNS/NAT system connected to your network using two network
cards?  If not then there could be issues with collisions.  If two
network cards, is one card connected to your Internet and the other your
network (gateway/firewall style), or is it just another host on the
network with both NICs pointing right back into a single hub/switch?  If
so then could possibly be collisions.

Cheers,

Daniel
--