Re: problem connecting windows client over fedora firewall

On Sunday 07 December 2003 15:16, Daniel Hedlund wrote:
> Marcel,
>
>      I'm pretty sure that this is simply a Windows problem.

I was hoping for that, but win2k/winXP and also win98 all show the same
problem here.

> It's
> probably not even your computer, but rather the server on the other
> side.

That would mean quite a lot of pages including
google/freshmeat/sourceforge.....
I really mean that no page ever comes through completely.
Connections start , but stop almost immediately.

> There are many incidents where web pages partially load and then
> stop.  What I suggest that you can do to find out if it's your web
> browser or something else is to download Mozilla Firebird web browser
> and install that on the Windows box and try it:
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

Unfortunately no success, same problem :-(

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
Marcel