Re: Can't boot fedora on a pure SCSI system

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:46:57 -0500, Allan Metts <ametts2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have system with nothing but SCSI drives in it. Fedora installation went smooth as silk, but the system won't boot after install. I'm telling my machine's BIOS to boot from SCSI, and the BIOS is enabled on the Adaptec SCSI controller. I was able to boot from a SCSI CDROM to do the install.

I checked /etc/grub.conf by booting from the Fedora CD in rescue mode. It looked okay to me -- the boot partition is on /dev/sda.

We need more info - What type motherboard (440GX ?), SCSI controller (Adaptec/built-in ?). Where does it fail on boot? What does /var/log/messages say about errors? - I presume you tried to boot again with the boot CD using "linux rescue". Did you try the boot floppy you created when you installed?

Bob Jones