Re: Not associated to a channel anylonger

å?¨2003å¹´12æ??06æ?¥ç??07:15ï¼?William Hooperå??é??ï¼?
> XAvIer  said:
> > That what I've got too.
> >
> > Infact it works allright at  the first time I ran Up2date, 2 channels
> > were automatically selected.
> >
> > Then after I "did" something, can remember exactly what I did, seems
> > like I've ran rhn_register from the console mode, and registed my system
> > with my RHN acc, then I got the same message as Vadim.
>
> This is probably what did it, because RHN doesn't have a channel for
> Fedora, and by default Fedora doesn't talk to RHN.
>
> > Wonder if I delete all the Up2date conf file will help, but I don't know
> > where r those files located.
>
> Reading the release notes would help.
>
> In the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file, make sure "up2date default" is
> commented out (about line 11).

I've checked the source file, and the "up2date default" line at line 11
is commented out.

Then I removed file systemid and file systemid.save, and ran
rhn_register again to register a new account with a new email address.
After Up2date finished sending my profile to RHN server I recieved an
error message telling me that my computer is using a invaild operation
system identified as:

===
Kernel: unknown

Initial Registration Parameters:
OS: Red Hat Linux
Release: 1
CPU Arch: i686-redhat-linux
===

That must be wrong, It should be:

OS: edora Core
Release: 1
Kernel: 2.4.22-2115(?)

And I believe that is why I can chose any channel for my profile. I
tried modify the data on RHN, no luck.

Can anyone help me?