Re: Computer without CDROM and Fedora ISO

I'm sorry I didn't notice this thread earlier.

Let me offer complete examples all in one email:

You can mount an .iso file using the method indicated below by Mr. Marcano.

Then you install RPM's from it by hand like this:

rpm -ivh --aid /[your-path-to-mount]/Fedora/RPMS/[the-rpm-you-want-to-install]

For example

rpm -ivh --aid /mnt/cdrom/Fedora/RPMS/gee_whiz_application*

If RPM complains that the gee_whiz_application is already installed you can try

rpm -Uvh --aid /mnt/cdrom/Fedora/RPMS/gee_whiz_application*

which upgrades an older package to a newer one

or

rpm -Fvh --aid /mnt/cdrom/Fedora/RPMS/gee_whiz_application*

which is similar.

So you have to point rpm to the new package you want to install just like you point an arrow at its target.

Bob