Re: Please Add Nvidia install info to FAQ [WAS Re: FC1 & NVIDIAaccelerated drivers.]

On Dec 5, 2003 at 08:53, Benjamin J. Weiss in a soothing rage wrote:

[...]
>It would be nice for somebody like me.  I have not installed Fedora, because
>of all of the problems I am seeing on this list.  Someday I will bite the
>bullet and install Fedora, and it would be *very* nice if I could go to one
>place (an official FAQ) and be able to easily see all of the hoops that I am
>going to have to jump through in order to make Fedora work.  My machine has
>an NVIDIA card, so I'll have to mess with that.  I will want yum/apt to
>work, and my God but there are a lot of posts about how that damn thing
>doesn't work but 2 days in a row, and not at all after a clean install
>without manually editing some conf file and adding/changing repositories or
>something.  Etcetera.
I guess you know the saying about good news not selling.
What you will see on this list are the problems ppl have.
Occasionally, you'll get a post about how peachy everything
is. I think I can say, without having any evidence to back
me up, that the vast majority of FC1 users don't experience
the problems that ppl post about. The only problem I have
is the lack of AGP3 support in the 2.4.x kernel. I guess I'll
have to live with a 400fps at 1600x1200-24. But then the only
game I really like and play is solitaire...

N.Emile...
So you're back... about time...
 10:57:20  up 1 day, 15:44,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00