Re: avoid nvidia?

Here goes my usual rant...I monitor the list for *nvidia*, to make sure people become aware of the simple solution to this problem :-)

Second is nVidia cards with the "nvidia" accelerated driver. The
instructions for the accelerated drivers are a bit more involved.

I started with a previous post by Peter ....

1. Go to http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-4496.html
[steps 2-10 omitted]

OR you can simply download rpms from www.educ.umu.se/~peter/nvidia, follow the short instructions available there, install and restart X. No configuration required, no compiler hassle or runlevel switching.

So in other words, there is no reason to avoid Nvidia because the driver is hard to install.

/Peter