Re: printing to a network printer

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 20:38, A.J. Bonnema wrote:

> Is samba installed on your FC1 machine and the printer is connected to
> you FC1? If so, either your firewall is block access to samba or your
> windows user is not allowed access to your Samba share. You might also
> want to check whether the password is encrypted or not.

When I installed FC1 I chose the "server install", but then selected
"everything" ... so samba should be installed, but I didn't check. No,
the printer is not connected to FC1. The printer is on the windows
network. I want the FC1 box to be client on the windows network. I chose
"no firewall" when I did the FC1 install... it's in a trusted
environment...

I need to print on the HP LaserJet 5Si from FC1. Either directly via
tcp/ip jetdirect card, or through the windows network.

Thanks,
Don