After failed yum update, system showing it is version 1 but is still RH9

I tried to upgrade my system from RH9 to fedora with little success.  Since
that did not work, and my raid driver does not work with fedora, I am going
to stick with RH9 for the time being.  My problem is though when I did the
yum upgrade, it must have set my system to show as version 1.  When I try to
run up2date now, it shows me as Version 1.

When I try to run up2date, I get this:

[root@xxxxxxx root]# up2date -l
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 993, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 720, in main
    fullUpdate, dryRun=options.dry_run))
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 893, in batchRun
    batch.run()
  File "up2dateBatch.py", line 57, in run
  File "up2dateBatch.py", line 88, in __findPackagesToUpdate
  File "packageList.py", line 88, in run
  File "packageList.py", line 116, in addObsoletePackages
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence

I have tried changing my yum.conf with no luck.  I thought about unistalling
up2date and reinstalling, but I did not want to make a bad situation worse.

Any ideas?

Rob