Re: Cedilla Problem!

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound as bad as it did, it definitely doesn't
need "a lot" of work -- but it could be easier. After all, I chose
Brazilian Portuguese support, UTF-8 support and ISO-8859-1 support
during installation.

Since RH8 I've always had to do some workarounds so that I could
properly use Portuguese accents (YMMV since you obviously also use such
accents, since you're Brazilian as well ;)).

So, to be fair (and I have been on my original msg ;)), I might be
missing something -- and I wouldn't be surprised if I was. How do you
deal with UTF-8 + Brazilian Portuguese + X11 + vim etc.?

BTW: I hadn't read release notes, thks for the pointer. However, this
was not a pleasant read at all:

"The input of non-ASCII characters from the system console is not
possible; only graphical applications support the input of these
characters."
--> this was exactly what I was experiencing with console vim

"Filenames located on ext3 file systems should be in UTF-8."
--> this is what you were referring to

Even if I switch to gvim (assuming it handles UTF-8 nicely), it might
not solve the problem, because I was experiencing probls with gaim, for
example ('ç' appeared as 'c-grave' or something like this).

I would really appreciate some guidance here... ;)

TIA

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa