Re: fmf-frequently missed features and some general thoughts...

Gerald Henriksen writes:
> On 02 Aug 2003 03:46:37 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >> Keep in mind that Mandrake is a French company and patent software don't
> >> apply in France.
> >
> >so patent violations can't get inforced in france, am i getting you
> >right? i would be surprised if it's the same in germany, nevertheless
>
> Patent laws vary from country to country,  and the tolerance for risk
> can also vary from company to company.

If we want to be strict: Patent violations can surely be managed by
French courts, I'm sure.  What is less clear is WHERE there are
patents for WHAT.  If there IS a patent on MP3 valid in France, for
example.

("Enforcing a patent violation" isn't correct, is it?  I would have
thought it is the patent which is enforced, not the violation.  But
English is a strange language, so one never knows.)