Re: Samba & IPTables

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 02:10:14AM -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> > And if you're not convinced yet, look at:
> >
> > 	http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-list/2003-August/msg00003.html
>
> Hummm, that is weird. I do wrap the lines. I do them by hand yet the archives
> do not show them as wrapped. Something is weird here.

YOUR mails show as wrapped correctly:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-list/2003-August/msg00002.html

However, Aaron Epps' MUA has "helpfully" unwrapped your mail for you ;-)

> And oh BTW for the people who think html emails are good, guess again. html
> mail is not readable by all mua's

It should be, it has more features. Including that if you quote back in
the right way in a reply, HTML paragraphs should never get unintentionally
broken up like text paragraphs do, like:

> > blah blah foo blah
> blah
> > foo fo fum fee fi
> fum

which I find annoying.

> is a security risk

Not if you turn off (external/all) images and Javascript.

> and is a waste of
> bandwidth which matters if you have a metered account.

be miniscule. Much more bandwidth is wasted by not compressing mails, but I
don't see the anti-HTML-mail people complaining about that. ;)

--
Robin

"As an analyst I have to be able to argue both sides of a position because
often we are asked to step in and help justify decisions that have already
been made"
-- Rob Enderle, revealing the true colours of rent-a-quote IT "analysts"